Do you have questions about advising? Are you wondering what classes to take or how to register? Take a few minutes and check our our advising bulletin.
Where can I find the academic calendar?
- Click here, http://www.uncg.edu/reg/Calendar/index.html
When does advising start?
- Current student during the semester – click here for a detailed calendar: http://reg.uncg.edu/registration/registration-calendar/
- New, Visions, Reactivated, or Readmitted student – click here for a detailed calendar: http://reg.uncg.edu/registration/registration-calendar/
What is a campus designation?
In UNC Genie you will see the campus designation in the last column on the right
- M = Main Campus
- D = Distance Campus (only online students can register for this section)
- Summer courses are open to anyone regardless of campus designation
How are the courses delivered?
- Main campus courses may be delivered in person or online
- UNC Genie displays the delivery method under “course type”
- WEB = online delivery
- WLC = web and lecture course (contact instructor for more details)
- LEC = in person delivery
- SEM, IND, PRC are offered in a variety of formats please ask the instructor for more details
- Click here for more information: http://reg.uncg.edu/registration/registration-calendar/
- Please note that online with day and time means it is synchronous.
- Please click onto the footnote to find more detail for each class.
- Always contact the instructor directly if you have any question.
Can I get student health insurance?
- Please contact Student Health Services directly for details.
Can I get financial aid?
- Please see http://fia.uncg.edu/ for more details.
Should I meet with my advisor?
- Yes! It is mandatory that you meet with your advisor. Your advisor will:
- help you choose the appropriate classes
- provide you with an advising code to register for classes
- update your Plan of Study
- Sign your final Plan of Study to apply for graduation.
How do I register?
1. Go to UNCGenie (find the link in the top right corner of our Web site: http://www.uncg.edu/reg/registration/current/).
2. Enter your ID and PIN in the fields provided.
3. Select the Student tab.
4. Select Registration.
5. Select Check Your Registration Status.
6. Select Term.
On “Check Your Registration Status,” you will see your registration window (dates and times), any registration holds you may have, hours and major, and advisor contact information.
Do I need liability insurance?
Yes! If you are taking LIS 653, 691, 692, 693 you must have liability insurance
- Click here for more information: http://oss.uncg.edu/formsapplications/ (Scroll down to Professional Liability Insurance)
What courses are being offered this semester?
- Click onto http://www.uncg.edu
- On top right corner, click onto UNCGenie
- Click onto CLASS SCHEDULE
Detailed Course Information
1. Click here for general course description: http://lis.uncg.edu/academic-programs/course-planning/
2. For Prerequisites, click here: http://uncg.smartcatalogiq.com/en/2013-2014/Graduate-Bulletin/Courses/LIS-Library-and-Information-Studies